I need help identifying what this is on my conch

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this thing on my conch what is it

image.jpg image.jpg
 
If it’s just one, carefully scrape it off with a razor blade. If there are more all over your tank consider buying some berghia nudibranchs.
 
First get used to it. It’s here to stay 😎. I got a Copperband butterfly fish and I keep a stock of mussels to feed it. That was 5 years ago. My display is always Aiptasia free and my sump is loaded with them.
 
I just noticed it on my conch and he’s been in there for a month but that’s the first time I’ve seen it on the conch. Also I took it out and scraped it off
 
By scraping it you may have spread it…
jurassic park life finds a way GIF
 
I just noticed it on my conch and he’s been in there for a month but that’s the first time I’ve seen it on the conch. Also I took it out and scraped it off
Make sure you don't have any around your tank. Those can spread quickly in a tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new