I need ideas for fish

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
Just starting to stock up another tank. This one is a 40 gallon IM nuvo. Love their tanks but it’s a bit taller than I’m used to.
I have a Midas blenny and a blue side fairy wrasse in there right now. They’re both super swimmers and very food motivated lol
I need some ideas for more fish though, struggling to keep N/P above zero without dosing or swapping water from my other tank.
My “requirements”:
1. No other blennies, tiny gobies, wrasse
2. Must be semi docile, cant
3. I already have the following and don’t want to duplicate: occ clown, royal gramma, watchman goby, tang (for obvious reasons)
4. Reef safe

so what do you think? Not a super big fan of the fish that are usually scaredy-cats like cardinals and some gobies.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something like a Longnosed Hawkfish, or maybe a lantern Basslet... Chalk Bass is a super fun fish as well so they could be a good fit. You could even have 2 of them, maybe 3. FIlefish are cool, some are more active than others. A smaller Hogfish could also fit into the tank.

Maybe this helps?!

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something like a Longnosed Hawkfish, or maybe a lantern Basslet... Chalk Bass is a super fun fish as well so they could be a good fit. You could even have 2 of them, maybe 3. FIlefish are cool, some are more active than others. A smaller Hogfish could also fit into the tank.

Maybe this helps?!
I ended up doing a chalk bass and a hawk fish lol the hawk fish is too cute but I do worry his perching will be an issue later on with lack of real estate.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back