I need info on Via Aqua Titanium heaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eienna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
5,758
Reaction score
521
Location
Eddyville, KY, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that the via aqua titanium heaters have an external thermostat. Does this function like a controller, which would shut it down if the heater gets stuck on?

I ask because I need a stronger heater for my tank, and would prefer the safest one I can get.
 
I have been using one for over 10 years now but don't know about what happens if it goes bad, mine thankfully has not done so. They do have both a separate controller and a separate temp sensor and I have found it to be very accurate and reliable.
 
Used mine for 10+ yrs never an issue. It finally died just last year. Just stopped working, no heat output at all. Best heater I ever used :) Loved the external controler & the temp prob.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new