I need more fish HELP!

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright never would have I thought I needed more fish to help solve my nutrient issue! I have been battling low nutirents long enough so to solve this I am going to be adding more fish to my tank. I do need help with suggestions.

currently as the tank sits I have 1 clown, 1 sixline, 1 salfin tang( yes he will be moved when he grows, only 3/4”).

I am running into a bit of an issue that my tank has very minimalist rock work so “territory” and dominace is a fear of mine when it comes to adding new fish.
5E3A6361-6602-4BE3-A337-EEED5D8AB8AE.jpeg

this is an older pic but you get the idea of rock work and scape.

I have debated on buying 5/6 chromis, chalk bass, baggani cardinal fish...

happy to hear your ideas :)

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?

I'd stay from the chromis. In my experience, and a lot of others, they tend to fight it out uh until only two remain. They are also really prone to urenemia.

What about a second clown and some cardinal fish? You could also look at a lawnmower or starry blenny. They would help w ok th algae control after you rehpme your tang.

You may need to replace the six line, depending on its personality. Many of them will relentlessly torture new inhabitants.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME 6 Chromis will become 1 fast, most definitely in smaller volume tanks. As you have said with a lack of rockwork providing no sanctuary for the weaker ones this will happen faster.

If you can find a mated pair of Cardinals I would start there.

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?

I'd stay from the chromis. In my experience, and a lot of others, they tend to fight it out uh until only two remain. They are also really prone to urenemia.

What about a second clown and some cardinal fish? You could also look at a lawnmower or starry blenny. They would help w ok th algae control after you rehpme your tang.

You may need to replace the six line, depending on its personality. Many of them will relentlessly torture new inhabitants.
Red sea reefer 170. Thank you sir!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mated pair of Bengai Cardinals would be good. Also a mated pair of fire fish would work. You could put in one Chromis. Or you could try several different species and hope for no wholesale murder. A fair basslet could work. And a blenny might be nice especially one that eats algae. And a goby would work.

Generally, if you pick fish that have different shapes and niches, they do not seem to notice each other.

You could look at Live Aquaria or Blue Zoo Aquatics and look for fish that are peaceful, reef safe and easy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back