I need some automated water testers

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what digitalized testers I should get. I know there's like api aquaspin but i'm not looking to sell my car, and i've heard hana checkers aren't super accurate

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, having owned several different testers over the years, is that none are foolproof but most will give you enough info to maintain stability which is more important than the actual numbers. If you go with one of the more sophisticated testers suggest you also calculate the cost of reagents etc.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna isn't accurate if you are careless or don't pay attention to the directions when performing it. There aren't any good alternatives for digital tests imo. I am not a fan of the aquaspin.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering what digitalized testers I should get. I know there's like api aquaspin but i'm not looking to sell my car, and i've heard hana checkers aren't super accurate
I would disagree about the Hanna checkers. Of course a lot of reefers don’t get an accurate Calcium reading. RHF has some suggestions there. What are you looking to test?

bubbgee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Trident but it costs too much and still far from perfect, I use it only for trending so I know I'm within parameters and not out of whack. I dont chase numbers anymore.

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would disagree about the Hanna checkers. Of course a lot of reefers don’t get an accurate Calcium reading. RHF has some suggestions there. What are you looking to test?
Po4, No2, No3, Nh4, Ph, Ca and salinity. Im just tired of drops

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stick with phosphate, do kH instead of pH. Get a refractometer for salinity. Nyos has a good nitrate test. Hannah for PO4 is reliable. Be sure to use the ULR version. BRS frequently reviews these.
Thank you!

Project

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI,

Recently found out that Hanna has “standard solutions” that you can test against your own solution. I have ones for 4 major including the calcium. My calcium tester is within the range as well.

I been using Hanna for last two year and it has been very accurate within given range.

IMG_8244.jpeg

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI,

Recently found out that Hanna has “standard solutions” that you can test against your own solution. I have ones for 4 major including the calcium. My calcium tester is within the range as well.

I been using Hanna for last two year and it has been very accurate within given range.

IMG_8244.jpeg
Have you found that calcium is accurate? Ive heard some bad things about it

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stick with phosphate, do kH instead of pH. Get a refractometer for salinity. Nyos has a good nitrate test. Hannah for PO4 is reliable. Be sure to use the ULR version. BRS frequently reviews these.
a little late response but im wondering, What should I use for calcium and is there a good digital nitrate test?

Back