OP
OP
Mrod91

Mrod91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the hipargero 30w coming in the mail today to put over my fluval 13.5. I've heard nothing but good things about them. If you're just looking for the blue light, could you just use the light bar that comes with the fluval 13.5? It is very "Blue" but I don't know whether the spectrum on it is great for coral growth. That's why I'm replacing mine.

good idea on using the blue on the light bar. I’m gonna see my options and check out what you just got as well.
yep, exactly why I’m replacing my lights too. The current light bar isn’t so great imo

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good idea on using the blue on the light bar. I’m gonna see my options and check out what you just got as well.
yep, exactly why I’m replacing my lights too. The current light bar isn’t so great imo
So the first upgrade I tried was the Lomini Asta 20w. It has good color, but it's a bit weak, so I rigged up a mount for the original light bar and have been running them at the same time for the past week. I run the original bar on blue mode, and the Lominie at full power on all four channels. This seems to give good light, but it's cumbersome with two light fixtures over such a small tank, so I ordered the Hipargero after watching Inappropriate Reefer's budget build where he used one with a decent level of success.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back