I NEED THIS FISH OUT ASAP

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a damsel that has been awful. Well I put a tomini tang about size of a quarter in my tank and this damsel wants him gone. I have tried netting him FOR 45 minutes and then I got tired. Taking apart my rocks is not an option. I made a diy fish trap but he has no interest. I NEED HELP as soon as possible and any strategy would be greatly appreciated.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck putting a clear pint glass on its side near the tank wall, adding food. Feeding exclusively in the pint glass for a day and then pushing the glass against the wall of the tank to capture the fish while they're eating.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after lights go out try and see where he sleeps and ambush him with a flashlight and net. I’ve caught a tricky fish this way before.
You can also use a red led to light your way.

The fish can't see the red, or maybe just can't see as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wait until dark , and SLOWLY approach with a net. Have someone nearby with a flahlight and dont point light at it to wake it up.
Ive been there and kniow the frustration

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is picking on the tang, it may be easier to get the tang out for the short term while you deal with the damsel. If you have a sump or an acclimation box that could be temporary tang jail.

MikesMach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble Magus

Assembled Acrylic Fish Trap - Bubble Magus​

I used this for a problematic fish ,had him out in 3 days , follow the directions, put trap in for 2 days no door ,,I cut back on feeding fish a little ,after the second day I put the food tube in and put a little krill in it ,sure enough they were going in ,the next morning I put the door on and set the trap, 5 minutes later I had him and another fish ,I had the same problem you had trying to catch our blue tang ,fast little bugger

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a very small fishing hook and some very light fishing string just like 1lb test, file the barb off the hook and place a small piece of shrimp on it. Keep the fishing rod in the garage haha. JK but wrap the line around your fingers and just drop it in trying to isolate it with the fish you're trying to catch. This will not kill your fish and the hook comes out very easily with the barb not on it. I've had to do this twice, after trying other ways for hrs then did this and had them out in 2 minutes actually took longer to grind the barb off the hook. Good luck.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a small fish hook and file the barb off if it has one .
bait it with a piece of sea food .

lets go fishing watching what is getting close to the hook .
When it’s the one you want .
let him take the bait and pull it out

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Volitan lion will swallow in one gulp

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmk what method is best bc I have a WIFE I need to get out asap
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back