I need to get a new black box

  • Thread starter Thread starter mucky1957
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mucky1957

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Messages
390
Reaction score
286
Location
Manchester. England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I am almost at the end of my 2nd black box LED light as the power unit is starting to fail. I have tried to have it replaced but unfortunately the Chinese company no longer make it. So I have to look at buying a new one.
Has anyone come across or even bought the Mirage X Series 3 light manufactured by the Shenshen Osled Lighting Co. Ltd. based in Shenzhen City, China. It looks very much like my current unit and is far cheaper than anything else on the market.

Now..before my across the pond cousins start telling me they are a fire risk..or useless..or not worth the money..can I just say that in 10yr I've never had an issue with either of mine. I have asked about Chinese black boxes before and from the answers received it seems that USA reefers do have issues with them but UK/Europe reefers do not. Maybe its a wiring/voltage/current issue.

So...anyone got one for me

Thanks
 
I have 3 viparspectra lights in use and I'm very happy with them. Got them on amazon, affordable, quite and working well. Have them paired with two Kessils over 150 gal tank. Coral growing and everyone seems to be happy. I found several reviews on R2R concerning them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new