I need to get a new black box

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I am almost at the end of my 2nd black box LED light as the power unit is starting to fail. I have tried to have it replaced but unfortunately the Chinese company no longer make it. So I have to look at buying a new one.
Has anyone come across or even bought the Mirage X Series 3 light manufactured by the Shenshen Osled Lighting Co. Ltd. based in Shenzhen City, China. It looks very much like my current unit and is far cheaper than anything else on the market.

Now..before my across the pond cousins start telling me they are a fire risk..or useless..or not worth the money..can I just say that in 10yr I've never had an issue with either of mine. I have asked about Chinese black boxes before and from the answers received it seems that USA reefers do have issues with them but UK/Europe reefers do not. Maybe its a wiring/voltage/current issue.

So...anyone got one for me

Thanks

Buffalou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 viparspectra lights in use and I'm very happy with them. Got them on amazon, affordable, quite and working well. Have them paired with two Kessils over 150 gal tank. Coral growing and everyone seems to be happy. I found several reviews on R2R concerning them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back