I ordered from an online retailer (first time)

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally ordered from an online retailer for the first time. I locked my phone (button on the right side) and when I unlocked it (facial recognition) there was a confirmation number on my screen I have a dwarf zebra lionfish on the way. Please pray and send good vibes that the fish is not DOA.

OP
OP
Brittmcoleman

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want the fish (I was on a waitlist). I am afraid it won’t make it during shipping.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I want the fish (I was on a waitlist). I am afraid it won’t make it during shipping.
A reputable shipper will pack it to survive ship. As long as No delays, it will ship well.
Dwarfs are the easiest to feed and keep happy in most cases.
DO ASSURE YOU ACCLIMATE WELL TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF SUCCESS !
Float Bag for about 20 mins. After 20 minutes, cut bag and release into a CLEAN pail or bucket. Thereafter take a drinking cup and add tank water to the container the lion is in. Does this every 15 minutes 6 times. After that, take the same cup and trap lion in it avoiding touching the fish and receiving a sting. pour off most of the water and release into tank.

BEST OF LUCK !!

OP
OP
Brittmcoleman

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reputable shipper will pack it to survive ship. As long as No delays, it will ship well.
Dwarfs are the easiest to feed and keep happy in most cases.
DO ASSURE YOU ACCLIMATE WELL TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF SUCCESS !
Float Bag for about 20 mins. After 20 minutes, cut bag and release into a CLEAN pail or bucket. Thereafter take a drinking cup and add tank water to the container the lion is in. Does this every 15 minutes 6 times. After that, take the same cup and trap lion in it avoiding touching the fish and receiving a sting. pour off most of the water and release into tank.

BEST OF LUCK !!

Thank you!!!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are prepared to care for a dwarf lionfish, in all likelihood he will only eat live food to begin with, ghost shrimp being the best choice. Dwarf lions also have a high rate of internal parasites, so if you are going to qt , great, and treatment with general cure wouldn't be a bad idea, If not, good observation for stringy poo, faded color, lethargy, or sunken belly.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back