I Ordered My New Finnex Tank! Yyyaaaayyyy!!! :D

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited! I ordered my new Finnex 30 gallon tank last night.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=FI-MTG-2401&Category_Code=Aquariums

I had been wanting a new zonathid tank for forever, but my husband said I had to sell one of my other tanks first. Well, one of our state reef club members just bought my 55 gallon Sedona for her birthday, so I got to order my new tank!

I like this one because it comes with T5 lighting, which I have never used (I use MH on my big reef, and before that I used PCs); a refugium with lighting AND a skimmer; and a built in trickle filter with pump. ALL of this is behind a false back, so you won't see any of the quipment. My goal was to have nothing to upgrade unless I felt like it, and nothing hanging off the tank.

I am sweet talking my hubby into building me a stand and hood complete with trim... Wish me luck!!! I'll update this thread and it comes in, gets set up, and gets stocked!!! I have been thinking about NOTHING else while I drive around for work... I am sooooo excited!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:
Laurie

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laurie that is a sweet looking tank. Its going to look awesome when its all filled up with zoa's. Are you going to have a skimmer?

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hun!

Yeppers, it comes with a skimmer. That's why I went 30 gallon instead of 22- the 30 gallon had the option of coming witha skimmer AND a fuge, istead of one or the other. I am also trying to figure out how to mod it so I can turn the skimmer off and on at will for the benefit of the macro... I'm going to keep it next to my bed on the nightstand, and I think it might benefit me to prethink how to make it quieter before I get yelled at...

Hey, is Moose going to MACNA?? I'd buy ya a beer if you let me walk him!!!

LOL
Laurie

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hun!

Yeppers, it comes with a skimmer. That's why I went 30 gallon instead of 22- the 30 gallon had the option of coming witha skimmer AND a fuge, istead of one or the other. I am also trying to figure out how to mod it so I can turn the skimmer off and on at will for the benefit of the macro... I'm going to keep it next to my bed on the nightstand, and I think it might benefit me to prethink how to make it quieter before I get yelled at...

Hey, is Moose going to MACNA?? I'd buy ya a beer if you let me walk him!!!

LOL
Laurie
you hubby want never get to sleep. I have my nano with a 5 gallon Amiracle sump set up and the skimmer 2100 rio is on a seprate switch. I run it all the time though.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooooo, that's not happy. Crap. Maybe I could muffle it some how with a fitted insulated box around where it comes out of the top of the tank? You'd never see it under the hood anyway...

?
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! LOL Yeah, probably... Of course, it may work to his advantage as endorphins are known to be a good cure all for headaches...

rotflmao
Laurie

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you still thinking anglerfish? let me know cause I want those things in our prearranged trade-have you got anything yet? I just got back from indianapolis a few days ago sorry I havnt been in touch.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I've arranged some of it. I am hoping to get it all done by the SWAM frag trade in Portland on the 28th- you going???
:D
Laurie

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, I was looking at one for a micro, zoa's and acan tank. So they can get the hell out of my sps tank. LOL
Congrads!!!

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its about time now!
I keep mine by my bedside too and you can barely here the tank and skimmer running. The moonlights bothered me at first somewhat as I am used to sleeping in a pitch dark room, but I have gotten used to them.
Take a bunch of pics once you start stocking that baby!
-Chris

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chris, how long did it take you to get yours in the mail?
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, I'd better get Rev into the pulpit to get myself enough patience to wait that long... No wonder he was so disappointed when his came cracked! I was so happy that they fixed it well for him...
<grin>
Laurie

keri2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that tank is awesome! I love it! We were thinking of getting another cube (Biocube 29) but I think we may reconsider after seeing that. I may have missed it in your post, but did you do the light upgrade?

I can't wait to see some pictures....

Keri :)

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeppers, I didn't do the lighting up grade because I do not intend to keep acros in that tank- zoanthids and lower light loving animals. MH would be overkill, kind of like being on Mars for them I think... <grin>

It's funny, but have you noticed that even Ebay can't beat that price on those Finnex tanks they are selling? I think they are selling them right above or at whole sale on that site. I compared the 22 gallon prices with the ebay sellers prices for the same model- and the website beat ebay by a good $75-125 dollars depending on the model... and that wasn't even including the shipping rates. My tank shipped to me UPS ground for $29, and Ebay wanted almost twice that just for shipping.

Crazy!

Laurie

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'am really looking forward to seeing your tank. I think someone else on this board got a finnex, but I'm not sure what the details were regarding the setup. Please take a lot of pics :D .

Best of luck,

Me

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back