I received a box of rocks today.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot wait to get home and see if the flow from the new gyre (and the extra powerhead) kept the Cyanobacteria away.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get home and find a happy tank! I took the same approach on the wife's 32. It was a forever battle. Things must have finally leveled out over the last few months. Back to one gyre and getting ready to turn it down some more. Her tank looks pretty amazing right now.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get home and find a happy tank! I took the same approach on the wife's 32. It was a forever battle. Things must have finally leveled out over the last few months. Back to one gyre and getting ready to turn it down some more. Her tank looks pretty amazing right now.
Thanks, Jay! Glad her tank shaped up. Leaving work now. A little later than usual. I will update with some pictures hopefully before I leave for my trip later.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a scare tonight. No, not in the tank. I took a later train to work and it came in late. I decided to take a cab from there to work to be on time. As I got out I went to check my phone and realized I left it in the cab. ;Jawdrop NO!!! ;Jawdrop I started running after the cab and whistling as loud as I could (which is ear piercingly loud). He got stopped at a red light, but as I closed in (after running almost a full, long block) the light turned green. Now I am in a full sprint and whistling like a freight train. He started to make the turn at the light and I leapt, reaching after the trunk. I made it and started pounding. He slammed the brakes and I opened the door. There was my phone still lit up on an R2R page welcoming me back. LOL. Man, what a ridiculous adventure. People on the sidewalk were clapping to me in victory.
I've left my phone in the back of an Uber three times -- yes three. ;Facepalm I was lucky and was always able to contact the drivers to be able to get them back. (For a price, of course.)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some day I will tell you all about this trip. Oh my word. I have to say though, the kids were 100% good the whole way and kept me going on two hours sleep. The highlights were huge traffic, hitting a deer and a Subway that was out of bread.

Sorry, pals, I did not get pictures. This post would be at the limit if I explained the whole day. We are all well. We actually had fun through the whole trip despite everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've left my phone in the back of an Uber three times -- yes three. ;Facepalm I was lucky and was always able to contact the drivers to be able to get them back. (For a price, of course.)
I left my very first (Nokia) phone in a white stretch limo on my way to a Black Sabbath concert in Times Square.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the new gyre works! Can't wait to see some pictures. I have quite a bit of cyano in my tank! Yeah! Weird to say that.
Cyanobacteria is better to have than dinos, obviously. It is a nuisance and can be managed until it goes away. It is just nuisancing the heck out of me lately. I would never use chemicals to treat it. In my own body and in my own tank, I prefer cures to maintenance of symptoms. Just my opinion. I know many use these with success.
Pictures are needed!
Sorry, brother. The Cyanobacteria is back. Not as bad and let’s just say I see the strongest path of the flow perfectly. Maybe we need to think of making gyres that work light oscillating fans (lightbulb!). I pulled the cup off the skimmer (always when away, traveling, and open the air inlet). I remembered to swap the ATO jug! I will also mention, the anemone was out, even the disk was out the rock. The tentacles looked stubby, but normal thickness. He likes the flow.
You I already spoke to :p
@NY_Caveman - If I'm not mistaken, you're heading on a trip. Have a great time! If I am mistaken, have a great time!
Thank you! So far I am having an amazing adventure. Just like the old days. Wow! Road trip with the kids!
Have a great time on with your daughters on the trip
Hope you are well, brother. I am still thinking about the great day we had. Maybe Metropolitan Museum of Art <slash> Manhattan Aquarium trip soon. Everyone should come. I am a great guide at the MET!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the concert was worth losing the phone for. :)
It was a great show. Middle of summer, no AC and 90% of attendants were men in jeans and leather jackets (I had shorts and a T shirt).

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left my very first (Nokia) phone in a white stretch limo on my way to a Black Sabbath concert in Times Square.

Black Sabbath concert is worth a lost phone.

Hope your car is ok after hitting a deer. They can do big damage

I had a blast and can’t wait to get to go there again. Let me know when you are ready for the next meet

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back