OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a great Dad, also it sounds familiar, in my case we watched the Lion King today.
Too kind. I do my best.
Sounds like a perfect weekend for kids and dad. Happy to hear your tank improving. Sounds like it will be ready for some new additions with labor day sales.
I have a gift card from Christmas that may come in handy for this.
Wow that is great you guys are playing minecraft with together.
We have played together for years. It was literally if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. The game is a great way to interact and create. We crack ourselves up.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all summer brings it has been loosely based on a where the next event is located. I have also tried to get some overtime this month which throws a monkey wrench into the works. I average about one a week, somewhere, for a 2-5 day period. The start of the school year in September will bring much needed stability to our schedules and allow a more laid out plan.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all summer brings it has been loosely based on a where the next event is located. I have also tried to get some overtime this month which throws a monkey wrench into the works. I average about one a week, somewhere, for a 2-5 day period. The start of the school year in September will bring much needed stability to our schedules and allow a more laid out plan.
That will be a relief and much need stability to every one.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we are going to make popcorn and play Minecraft. We are working on building a mansion together in the same world. It is perfect, really. They get to use their devices and we all still interact together. LOL.
Crazy how much family times changed isn’t it?? So different but so very much the same.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the apartment before work. The anemone was fully out with full tentacle extension
A617DB28-2DFB-4659-AC84-9900DE681CEE.jpeg

D4E5D93F-96C0-4878-9B5C-355E82780F1D.jpeg

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a happy clownfish. [emoji1360]
Hope so! The Clownfish was hiding behind the rocks for a couple of days a month or so ago back when the anemone was very deflated. Reunited!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He usually goes all over the tank which is similar to the Clarkii I had long ago. Strays far from the anemone. Lately though, he is staying very sung, so, think you are correct.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we are going to make popcorn and play Minecraft. We are working on building a mansion together in the same world. It is perfect, really. They get to use their devices and we all still interact together. LOL.
Minecraft, that Bring back memories, when my Son got into the game years ago. I taught him the intro stuff, now he is 18 and still plays it with his friends.
However back then and it's still around we looked into these Minecraft Walk thru.
Disney Staff recreated exact replicas of many of their theme parks and rides.
You can connect and go into them, and bring back memories if you've been to Disney Parks.
https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/minecraftparks/

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minecraft, that Bring back memories, when my Son got into the game years ago. I taught him the intro stuff, now he is 18 and still plays it with his friends.
However back then and it's still around we looked into these Minecraft Walk thru.
Disney Staff recreated exact replicas of many of their theme parks and rides.
You can connect and go into them, and bring back memories if you've been to Disney Parks.
https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/minecraftparks/
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes me rethink having a nem. @Katrina71 what type of nem
Mine has never moved or split despite my recent troubles. He has been in almost a year. When I saw this piece of live rock 13 months ago at the LFS, I had to have it. I made them pull it out of an invert tank. I just knew an anemone would never leave that perfect crevice.
crev.jpeg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has never moved or split despite my recent troubles. He has been in almost a year. When I saw this piece of live rock 13 months ago at the LFS, I had to have it. I made them pull it out of an invert tank. I just knew an anemone would never leave that perfect crevice.
crev.jpeg
Nice Rock.......Looks almost like a Partially open CLAM.

See this recent thread about Anenome Feeding.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f...tent=email+newsletter&utm_campaign=2019-08-01

I've been too lazy to feed my BITA. When I do, I feed it MASSTICK Food since Easy to Digest.

What's weird is my Nem's Bubble Tips were much more BUBBLE BULB Like when I got it.
The Bubble parts Faded to straight tentacles. Sometimes a Bubble comes back (here and there), but not like it was.

Anyone know the secret to Get your BITA to Bubble?

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Rock.......Looks almost like a Partially open CLAM.

See this recent thread about Anenome Feeding.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f...tent=email+newsletter&utm_campaign=2019-08-01

I've been too lazy to feed my BITA. When I do, I feed it MASSTICK Food since Easy to Digest.

What's weird is my Nem's Bubble Tips were much more BUBBLE BULB Like when I got it.
The Bubble parts Faded to straight tentacles. Sometimes a Bubble comes back (here and there), but not like it was.

Anyone know the secret to Get your BITA to Bubble?
I never feed mine directly. The bubbles are a total mystery. If someone figures it out they could get rich. Mine came in with fat bubbles and then went "straight." Occasionally she is like half and half. In my experience, I would guess it has more to do with security, so flow and a deep, stable foothold over lighting.

I actually like them straighter. More like a magnifica in looks which is too big an anemone for my tank.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the apartment before work. The anemone was fully out with full tentacle extension
A617DB28-2DFB-4659-AC84-9900DE681CEE.jpeg

D4E5D93F-96C0-4878-9B5C-355E82780F1D.jpeg
Beautiful fish and nem !!

The anemone in my tank decided to split few times. And they started to take over the right side of the tank , started to burn different acros, so they needed to go. I relocated them to hang on in tank container. but they didn't look happy at all. so I just moved them back to tank to back right corner where I give naughty corals some time out, like mushrooms and monties

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back