I received a box of rocks today.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hopped on to your thread. Your anemone's look fantastic! Looking forward to future updates. I don't think I'll have time to get through all 268 pages of your build thread, sadly.

Also, I tried clicking the build thread badge in your profile and it links to a youtube video of a badger dancing to tiktok. Is that your doing?
YEs- it's his doing. He mixes it up, keeps us on our toes , lol.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the comments friends. I placed the new corals this weekend in their permanent homes.

The new Candy Canes were placed right in the middle of Caulastrea Island. They are much more red and green in person than the Caulastrea echinulata next to them which are blue and purple (the new ones are Caulastrea furcata just like the neon Trumpets to the right).
8F0A7E65-B46B-4D17-9BBB-7728A04DA7B3.jpeg

The Blue Cespitularia was placed in the back near the Grandis Palythoa. The ends should get nice and feathery as they continue to open more.
3B6CBC99-FBF4-4776-BEBA-9E521930E00D.jpeg

I am hoping it will fill in the space nicely between the two anemones. If it grows a couple more inches it will start to really fill that hole. Don’t mind the bryopsis and other algae. All just part of a natural reef.
B6CB6977-38A4-4D8B-A21E-07CC0E1AAA90.jpeg
Your anemones are awesome. My RBTA has very recently jammed herself down a crevice kinda out of view. Good colour still but short tentacles abd no real extension. I'm a bit worried. Doing a full water test panel tomorrow (yesterday was supposed to be Wc day, but I was, ummm, recovering from a taster menu including 100 year old snitches...) to see if theres an obvious issue.

Anything I should be double checking, in your opinion?

Also- it's good to be back. I'm emjoying catching up on everyone's threads

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hopped on to your thread. Your anemone's look fantastic! Looking forward to future updates. I don't think I'll have time to get through all 268 pages of your build thread, sadly.

Also, I tried clicking the build thread badge in your profile and it links to a youtube video of a badger dancing to tiktok. Is that your doing?
Yes. It is a ferret. We love ferrets!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your anemones are awesome. My RBTA has very recently jammed herself down a crevice kinda out of view. Good colour still but short tentacles abd no real extension. I'm a bit worried. Doing a full water test panel tomorrow (yesterday was supposed to be Wc day, but I was, ummm, recovering from a taster menu including 100 year old snitches...) to see if theres an obvious issue.

Anything I should be double checking, in your opinion?

Also- it's good to be back. I'm emjoying catching up on everyone's threads
If it is a recent move for the RBTA, I would keep watch. It may be she was looking for a more secure spot like a crevice. Watch if she opens more in a day or two. Anything change with the flow recently?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a recent move for the RBTA, I would keep watch. It may be she was looking for a more secure spot like a crevice. Watch if she opens more in a day or two. Anything change with the flow recently?
It's been 10 days. No change In flow other than I did clean my gyres a couple weeks ago.

Thanks

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 10 days. No change In flow other than I did clean my gyres a couple weeks ago.

Thanks
Hmmmm... I suppose that could have shaken her up. Anemones are just weird though and often do strange things.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm... I suppose that could have shaken her up. Anemones are just weird though and often do strange things.

Maybe I'm an anemone!

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine decide to split today and walk all over my acros :(

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the comments friends. I placed the new corals this weekend in their permanent homes.

The new Candy Canes were placed right in the middle of Caulastrea Island. They are much more red and green in person than the Caulastrea echinulata next to them which are blue and purple (the new ones are Caulastrea furcata just like the neon Trumpets to the right).
8F0A7E65-B46B-4D17-9BBB-7728A04DA7B3.jpeg

The Blue Cespitularia was placed in the back near the Grandis Palythoa. The ends should get nice and feathery as they continue to open more.
3B6CBC99-FBF4-4776-BEBA-9E521930E00D.jpeg

I am hoping it will fill in the space nicely between the two anemones. If it grows a couple more inches it will start to really fill that hole. Don’t mind the bryopsis and other algae. All just part of a natural reef.
B6CB6977-38A4-4D8B-A21E-07CC0E1AAA90.jpeg
Wow @NY_Caveman,

As you know I've been busy. I'm done the busy stuff so back to snooping around old threads and past contacts.

I say Wow since you got Two Huge Anemones.
It that from your Original? I guess I should rewind and read your thread (wonder if that Clown hosted one of the Nems)

Also I love your Candy Canes. One of my Favourites for adding accent to a tank.
They look great when they form a large cluster, and you are getting there.

Your tank actually looks great compared to Last time I was here.
Congrats!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Wally! That is the original anemone I received in August, 2018 on the right. The female Spotcinctus Clown has always been hosted in it. It split a couple of months back and Mama immediately was nuzzling both. The one on the left is the offspring. The male Spotcinctus never been hosted in the original and I have still never seen him in it.

He went into the clone almost immediately. I have his and hers Bubble Tip Anemones. The female “taught” the male to stay around the perimeter of the clone anemone when she is in it. He can frequently be seen submitting to her in interesting ways

(reposting because I love it)
E4C2F74C-5B3D-4A07-BD7E-EBA206657A84.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suspect she's just growing. Mine keeps moving a little. Every time I notice major foot growth.
Brilliant. Like a crab needing a new shell.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suspect she's just growing. Mine keeps moving a little. Every time I notice major foot growth.
I hope this is right. I'd hate to see her fade away after seeing her do so well for so long.

At what point do you think I should attempt to coax her to move? If I notice color loss?

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this is right. I'd hate to see her fade away after seeing her do so well for so long.

At what point do you think I should attempt to coax her to move? If I notice color loss?
My concern would be if she is unhappy where you put her she could move again. Perhaps somewhere less desirable.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back