likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankful for my knuckleheads
E25B44D9-1CEE-414E-809C-728CFC0A36D7.jpeg

29A75262-FA05-4BF0-95C6-B0454D7D75C0.jpeg

Some extra heartfelt thanks to all the Misfits and amazing, special friends who keep me going. You know who you are and you know I love y’all.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankful for my knuckleheads
E25B44D9-1CEE-414E-809C-728CFC0A36D7.jpeg

29A75262-FA05-4BF0-95C6-B0454D7D75C0.jpeg

Some extra heartfelt thanks to all the Misfits and amazing, special friends who keep me going. You know who you are and you know I love y’all.
Just noticed the shirt... Great choice for the day!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your pics of ny city. You capture the beauty.
Thank you Stephan. That is a wonderful compliment. There is beauty all around us if we are willing to pay attention.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know folks, I have not been on R2R much lately. This is mostly due to changes and busy-ness in my life. I came on just now for whatever reason and was drawn to a highlighted post by @revhtree .

I have no idea what the post was referring to and had nothing to do with whatever the “incident” was. In the post he wrote this:
“Because we are a forum for reefers of all ages, we don't want to have threads that dive into the ins and outs of sexual orientation and gender identity since some of our youngest members aren't likely old enough to understand these issues.“
(link below)

My 13 year old son is transgender. He knew he was a boy since he was 2 years old. He was certainly never too young to understand who he really was. To suggest otherwise offends me.

Yes, this is basically a reefing forum. I always thought it was a lot more. It was to me anyways. I have made friends here that have changed my life. We share more than our reefs on R2R. We stick together and support each other. We laugh and even cry. We do not fear doing this. It is when R2R is at its best.

I have been censored before here. I told myself it is a privately owned site and defended the Rev as having every right to do whatever he wishes. I cannot defend, support or even stomach the above statement. It is ignorant. The fact it was used with such ignorance to support censorship is doubly appalling. Sad thing is, I kind of knew this was how some staff felt and yet I remained here. I won’t make that mistake again.

This post, maybe my whole thread, will be deleted by those who cannot accept, understand or tolerate others who they consider different. That is okay. I expect that. All that matters to me is that my son knows I love and accept him in every way.

I LOVE YOU LOGAN!
DAB64AA8-D735-4B69-BC69-3892939847A6.jpeg

Full text link
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/regarding-a-recently-removed-thread.785502/

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NY_Caveman
Glad to see you love your son no matter what! Epigenetic research is showing us some very interesting things. He is lucky to have you in his corner. Brian I just love all the pictures of you and your family mixed in with the reef tank and the Big Apple. You are a good dad sir!

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know if I ever get across the pond NY is where the big boats arrive! :)
I'd be on the docks to greet that ship. Boston had the tea party we can have the NY vodka party except no liquids hit the water just our throats

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back