I shrank my Trident

Kylan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that looks amazing.

Are those 1/4" push connect fittings on your DOS? If so where did you score those?

OP
OP
J

jjb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely sick! Huge fan! This will definitely save me a chunk of room in my extremely constrained current build. I will need to line up the bottles different, but that's no big deal!
I have a tray design like this as well if that would help...

1631846923760.png

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would one of you charge to print it for me? I hate the design of it and it had to sit out because I don’t have the room for it under my stand or in my cabinet! A6922503-C404-4F5C-8B0B-960432CAF581.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jjb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would one of you charge to print it for me? I hate the design of it and it had to sit out because I don’t have the room for it under my stand or in my cabinet! A6922503-C404-4F5C-8B0B-960432CAF581.jpeg
I can print you one. What color? All white? White with a silver base?

Alex Nadeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this quieted it down, ad you hoped? Does your design "seal" the unit more, or maybe the thickness of the material change the harmonics? I wouldn't be against throwing dynamat from my car at the interior faces.

OP
OP
J

jjb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this quieted it down, ad you hoped? Does your design "seal" the unit more, or maybe the thickness of the material change the harmonics? I wouldn't be against throwing dynamat from my car at the interior faces.

it is quite a bit quieter, especially the whining sound of the pump. I used to be able to hear it all over the house at night and now I can’t. Yeah my original plan was to line the inside of the box with poron foam for more sound deadening but I don’t think it’s necessary.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honey I shrunk the trident. Very cool. Definitely if anything loud or keeps you awake. Has to get fixed imo.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 49

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this! Nothing destructive to the Trident at all, and if you want to go back to the OEM case it's totally possible. It doesn't actually save that much space, but I got tired of the dark grey 'window part' constantly falling off, and the fiddly tray potentially falling out while replacing reagents.

I also created a mountable shelf/tray that can be found here:

mini_trident_shelf.png

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just now stumbled across this…. It sounds amazing! So far I haven’t pinched any hoses but with my vision it’s only a matter of time. Reading the initial post about reducing noise and then reading later about dos fittings in the background….. has anyone given any thought to a sound deadening dos housing? Even a multi dos housing?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That is sweet. I dont own a trident but this looks faaaar better!

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I love it! Possible to get a copy of file? I’m up in Canada

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to do this, how hard is it to do? Do you just pull the factory cover off and put the new one on or do you have to move stuff around?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was brave enough to do that!! Does anyone sell these 3D printed parts anywhere? I have bought a fair bit of Etsy and eBay- never seen one of these around though!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back