I shrank my Trident

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was brave enough to do that!! Does anyone sell these 3D printed parts anywhere? I have bought a fair bit of Etsy and eBay- never seen one of these around though!
I have one for sale that I made for someone else who asked me but by the time I was done printing it and the five days worth of print and all the filament it took when I ask for $100 so I can make $20 profit I was told that was way too much. Which I understand somebody sees some orange and gray plastic and they think that it cost $10 not realizing what it actually takes.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one for sale that I made for someone else who asked me but by the time I was done printing it and the five days worth of print and all the filament it took when I ask for $100 so I can make $20 profit I was told that was way too much. Which I understand somebody sees some orange and gray plastic and they think that it cost $10 not realizing what it actually takes.
Had my trident not been brand new and still well within warranty, i would have taken it off your hands no bother! :) Are you selling on Etsy, eBay etc? I am in the UK.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this thread. I will buy one soon I need to replace all my hoses anyway. I will hold off until my wife gets through her surgery on the first of November. Doing this would give me a small project and some stress relief. Thanks for posting.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my trident not been brand new and still well within warranty, i would have taken it off your hands no bother! :) Are you selling on Etsy, eBay etc? I am in the UK.
No, I’m just selling in my local forum

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this! Nothing destructive to the Trident at all, and if you want to go back to the OEM case it's totally possible. It doesn't actually save that much space, but I got tired of the dark grey 'window part' constantly falling off, and the fiddly tray potentially falling out while replacing reagents.

I also created a mountable shelf/tray that can be found here:

mini_trident_shelf.png
Do you have these available for sale?

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I’m just selling in my local forum
Good morning:
@fordtech, I received the shelf yesterday. Outstanding job! Thank you for shipping it to me and making the transition smooth. I was very hesitant but you made it simple, worry free, gave me updates and a beautiful finish product! Thank you again and I highly recommend Fortech.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing the prices increased on this guy a bit . Any discounts for friendly reef2reef reefers? (I’m totally cool with $100, looking to get 2x)

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I swapped mine over today after two months of owning a used Trident. First full reagent change and I said to heck with this drawer. Took about 10 minutes. I did the DIY service when I got it so I was already familiar with disassembly.

For anyone who has a smaller 3d printer, I uploaded the model to tinkercad and then cut it in half between the unit and reagents so I could print on my Ender 3. Then I superglued the two pieces together, just take and support the two halves when moving and you should be fine.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 56

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back