I suppose i should start here.

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reefing for a long time. Since the 90s actually. I have been out for about 6 years as my last tank crashed. No rhyme or reason just dead in 8 short hours. Left for work, arrived home to dead and dying corals and fish. I could not save it.. I tried for 3 days to no avail. So angry and upset i sold it all off for just pennies. I'll post some pics of my old tanks. With some coaxing from my wife i embarked on a new tank. A 65 gallon oak canopy and stand. Been on it about a week now. Some plumbing done some pumps in aragonite and rock work done. Still waiting on more gear from Marine depot , BRS , Amazon. I'll take some pics and add more detail tomorrow. I'll post some pics of my old tanks.

100_2227.JPG 100_2274.JPG 100_2275.JPG 100_2157.JPG 100_1987.JPG 100_2029.JPG

OP
OP
plasma327

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does feel good to be back. The pictured tank was not quite 3 years old. The SPS had only been in for 7 or 8 months. was growing rapidly... Enough with the old. I hope to have water in the new tank this weekend. Installing lights tomorrow after work .... One 250K radium 4 T5s and two of the little 80 watt kessil blues for nothing but to adjust the color to my liking.

OP
OP
plasma327

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! Looks good :)
Thanks, Not happy with the scaping though. Its missin something. I have no more rock left so... I need two large pieces to cut and make a dual arch. That was my original vision. Just short on rock. Hour each way for me to drive to my closest reef dealer.

OP
OP
plasma327

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Cable management sucks!!! It's just kinda difficult to make it look clean and tidy. I did receive the rest of my gear last evening. I am also 4 outlets short. I will be needing another EB832. Grrrrrr... It is the power supply's for A80's Kessils, The USB power for SpectralX controller and the canopy fan. Really do not need the a EB82 for those but ........ I have a Trip Lite Isobar 6 I will power the tank and the apex using it for the mean time.. Should be running water in by midnight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
plasma327

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took till Sunday to get water in the tank. Up and running now. My brand new ballast last about 3 hours and died. Now trying today to get a replacement.. I mixed the salt to rich and have it up over 41... Have to knock that back to 35 tonight. Had a leak in one of the drain tubes. Did seal that up right off. Woosh ! feel like a noob fighting all over again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back