I think I am the first to do this with a Butterflyfish

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SO I just noticed today that my Copperband butterfly went after nori before any of my tangs have. I just got a new rtang yesterday and my other tang has yet to touch nori but I recently just put nori on a clip and my butterfly went straight for it! hopefully he will teach my tangs to eat the nori instead of playing u hit me I hit you next game. Am I the first to have this happen. Constantly nipping at it.
IMG_1852.JPG

PaulK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. He doesn’t eat much of it though, usually just a few bites.

Also mines kind of a pig. He even eats flake food.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a long nose yellow butterfly that was right in there on the nori clip eating away.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine won't touch it. I try to trick him in to eating the nori that's in LRS. I figured it would smell/taste like the other components of LRS. He will take it but always spits it right back out. Spoiled brat!

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats frozen mysis in the water column and just stares at anything else. Unless it’s live blackworms. Also clams on the half shell. Lately I stuck some masstick in a shell and mixed some LRS reef frenzy, now he eats that’like it was clam meat.

Peterrdee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My butterflies won’t touch Nori, my raccoon used to but spit half of it out… goes nuts for the clams and the mysis, my teardrop barely goes for the clams but loves the orange bits from the mega marine angel cubes, he’s losing a lot of colour tho :( I’m scared he’s not getting the right diet or I’m not feeding enough? I don’t want to overfeed tho…. I have him in a 20 gallon quarantine and do 10 to 5 gallon water changes almost everyday or two, I feed all my fish 3 times a day… any ideas on getting them to eat the Nori? I might try the frozen algea cubes I’m desperate to get them on algea because I know they need it.

88CC6713-62AC-4FD2-B01B-C12EA0B5F361.jpeg 5823AA2A-5BEC-4E7A-9598-2ECC937BCA89.jpeg

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that raccoons have no problem to get to eat. Teardrops can be a problem. My nine butterflies get an assortment of food at least three times a day. When I have a new difficult fish, I give him small amounts of one type of food until I find one that he likes. Their menu includes Nori, clams on the half shell, spirulina mysis, spirulina brine shrimp, angel and butterfly cubes and small plankton. Remember to remove any uneaten food, especially in a quarantine tank. My fish hate the mega marine foods. Good luck.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband also eats nori

Honestly a healthy established copperband will eat just about anything in my experience.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back