I think I like brain corals

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,255
Reaction score
29,666
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just a little?


IMG_1379.jpeg
 
I see an open spot off to the bottom right, you better get shopping.
lol


I could probably close that gap by slightly spacing them out.

IMG_1404.jpeg
 
You know they have groups that meet weekly and support each other, all share the same problem you have. ;)
 
Last edited:
where do you buy them? Usually they’re super expensive , anywhere from 100-250, any cheap places ? I really like brain corals
 
You know they have groups that meet weekly and support each other, all share the same problem you have. ;)
Yes. It’s called Reef2Reef.
 
Which do you like more, Lobophylliid brains (Lobo, wilsoni), or Merulinid brains (Trachy, Oulophyllia, Platy, Leptoria, etc)?
 
How’s this for a platygyra sweeper tentacle?!?!? Shortly after target feeding with reef roids.
Beautiful Platy! I just won an auction for one and will be adding it to the upgrade. I'll make sure to give it some space!
 
Which do you like more, Lobophylliid brains (Lobo, wilsoni), or Merulinid brains (Trachy, Oulophyllia, Platy, Leptoria, etc)?
What is the difference between Oulophyllia and Platygyra? I love the ones you see snorkeling in the Caribbean that look like giant spheres with ruffled brain wrinkles all over.
 
What is the difference between Oulophyllia and Platygyra? I love the ones you see snorkeling in the Caribbean that look like giant spheres with ruffled brain wrinkles all over.
Oulophyllia has wider valleys and is a tad bit fleshier. They're sister to Caulastraea and Mycedium/Pectinia while Platygyra are more related to Leptoria.

Caribbean brains are from the family Faviidae. Sadly, they're threatened by stony coral tissue loss and other coral diseases that plague the Caribbean.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new