I think my toadstool has died/is dying.

SlowAndStupid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
297
Reaction score
701
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a healthy toadstool for over a year now in my tank. It had been thriving. I just came back from a week of vacation where I had a tank sitter caring for it daily and I don't believe anything specifically has happened during that period. Just before leaving I noticed some discoloration around the edges of the leather. It also looked like it was outgrowing it's rock it initially came attached on and was getting top heavy due to size.

Here it is healthy:
20260628_201013.jpg


I noticed on my tank's webcam that this week it appeared to be drooping and then lying down completely on the rockwork.

20260926_113313.jpg

20260926_113924.jpg

Here is what I have returned to.

Not enough experience with this guy to know if it is completely gone or if I can trim stuff off to try and salvage things?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new