I think my urchins are broken

Panicked Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2021
Messages
159
Reaction score
31
Location
Elkin NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased what i believe to be a variegated urchin and a white urchin. I was told that they would put a hurting on my hair algae. They like basically everything else in my tank will not touch it. They are destroying my coraline algae though. Which I think may be counter productive because it looks like the gha struggles to grow with the coraline is and they are removing TONS of coraline. Has anyone else experienced this?
 
I purchased what i believe to be a variegated urchin and a white urchin. I was told that they would put a hurting on my hair algae. They like basically everything else in my tank will not touch it. They are destroying my coraline algae though. Which I think may be counter productive because it looks like the gha struggles to grow with the coraline is and they are removing TONS of coraline. Has anyone else experienced this?
Try shortening the ha. A lot of critters don't like the long strands.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new