I want to replace my rock aquascape...

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started this tank, I really didn't know much about scaping except what the LFS guy told me would work. So he said heres some rocks, just put them anywhere and they will be fine.
so I did and , I was happy with it till now. seeing all these other awesome scaping setups I now want to revamp mine except, I have corals glued onto the rocks and my tank is cycled and doing OK. So how do I do this? Do I get the rocks I want and use the water from my weekly water change ( which is only 5 gal) to start a new cycling in a bin? what about taking the coral off the rocks there on now and transplanting them? ( have frogspawns, hammers, acans, carpet anen. a BIG duncan, )
guidance and experiences are welcome and appreciated.
by build link should be below so see what my tank looks like now.

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need another cycle. Try to use the rocks that have corals glued on them for your new aquascape. Put them in a tub of water from the tank with a power head while you set up your new aquascape with new dry or live rock, then combine the old rock with the corals to form the look you want. Large water change, check parameters and you're all set

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might use 1 or 2 but I would like to get some better shapped and looking rocks. I have a couple corals that don't need alot of light so wanna make a shady spot for them. What about the.new rocks? Should i gwt.live.rocks or dry and make them live?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back