I was observing my zoas and discovered I have nudibranchs =( what to do?

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was observing my zoas and discovered I have nudibranchs. I saw it on the edge of a zoa blended in but knew it wasn't one because it didn't retract when i was blowing off/removing algae. I took a toothbrush to the edge and scrubbed it/smushed it. I also saw a swirl of white dots on a few polyps that I was able to smush. I looked up zoa nudibranch eggs on google images and sure enough that's what they look like. First coral pest. =/ So what should I do? Can they be eliminated or will this now be a constant problem? Should I remove all my zoa colonies and dip in coral rx? Or should I buy something else to treat them?

OP
OP
thoeffe

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im considering using flatworm exit. I saw a post about it somewhere. But I have no clue how I should use it for the nudibranchs and what type of carbon I should use for removing any toxins and what not after it kills them. Any suggestions?

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im considering using flatworm exit. I saw a post about it somewhere. But I have no clue how I should use it for the nudibranchs and what type of carbon I should use for removing any toxins and what not after it kills them. Any suggestions?
I tried that.

didn't work,,, AT ALL!!!

But I suspect it had an adverse effect on my cryptic sponges, pods.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back