I Won the Giveaway!! Adding Avast Autofeeder to my 32g Biocube!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the very lucky winner of the Avast Plank Autofeeder and a bag of Reef Jerky to get me started along with a cannonball. This is something I might not have budgeted for otherwise, but now that I have one, I have to share how impressed I am.

As you can see, my tank is pretty new, just started a few months ago, and I was going to have to make some modifications to add the Autofeeder:
IMG_7622.jpeg

My tank right after I snagged it off FB Marketplace. Obviously that top is going to have to go!
IMG_7749.jpeg

And my tank right before adding the Autofeeder.

Shipping was fast and the package arrived complete with really fun stickers!
IMG_7748.jpeg

The instructions are easy to get to with a handy QR code on the stickers and include a video of the assembly. All I needed was a Phillips screwdriver. I did all the assembly and install with no extra hands in between work conference calls. (Ok, I MIGHT have been on mute towards the end of one conference call.)
I also popped off my lid and added a noo-psyches mini light to replace the stock light in the lid.
IMG_7759.jpeg

The reef jerky smells like real fish and my clowns already go wild for it. I’m getting a smart wifi power strip to automate small feedings, perfect for juvenile fish like mine that are still growing.
IMG_7760.jpeg

Everything about this setup is solidly built and well thought out. Before this I was wasting half the TDO pellets I was feeding as they just floated into my overflow. Now, reef jerky is mixed right into the water with no wasted food floating.

I can’t say enough good things about this setup and I’m sure it’s even more helpful for larger tanks. I can’t wait to add more fish to feed!

Thanks Avast!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back