Ian's 400 Gallon System

_MG_0997.jpg


_MG_1004.jpg
 
Some more alterations to the system.

A new high end chiller. This is the heat exchange barrel

chiller1.jpg


And a new skimmer that I picked up at MACNA. The old becket type skimmer worked but I was having to constantly clean it to make it work at peak operation. By constantly I mean pretty much daily.

newskim2.jpg
 
wow this is slick.. I love the sea fans as the back drop.. I've always wanted to do that and it looks exactly like I pictured in my head :)

gonna have to keep an eye on this buid, it's looking pretty interesting..
 
wow this is slick.. I love the sea fans as the back drop.. I've always wanted to do that and it looks exactly like I pictured in my head :)

gonna have to keep an eye on this buid, it's looking pretty interesting..

Thanks!

The sea fans finally gave up the ghost. It is hard to keep them long term in a tank. You can get them from TBSaltwater if you are interested.

I am trying to get the tank thread caught up to where I am now.
 
Super build! Love it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new