Ian's 400 Gallon System

I replaced my plain plastic tub sump with a custom expanded PVC unit

puge8ata.jpg


foot for scale

dahu9eta.jpg


jyva6u2u.jpg

that's cool.. where did you have this made?
 
Great looking build. The amount of life on those rock is crazy how did you manage to get all the undesirables out?
 
Great looking build. The amount of life on those rock is crazy how did you manage to get all the undesirables out?

I didn't.

Three mantis shrimp, whelks, decorator crabs and more gorilla crabs than I can count.
That was after hours of picking stuff off with my daughter.
 
lol I figured they had to be a cardinal. TIme to bust out some smooth sided glasses and shrimp for the crabs eh? At least you do not have a eunice worm. Worst hitchhiker ever.
 
I have so enjoyed looking at this post. That would be my dream. But for the time being. I'll stick to my 30g.
 
Super nice build! You got serious fast
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new