Ice Cap 3K , I luv u.......

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I gave your product a try, I had store credit, and needed some wavemakers.
So picked up 2, 3K's. Here's the issues. In my field "time is money". So I have a client in need of wavemakers. I went to test and get familiar with these 3K's, before going to see client. So what happens

1. Instructions horrible, useless.
2. Looked in booklet(instructions ) for tech support ph#, none. Again, "time is money."
3. Went on YouTube , NO INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO for OLED K3's, only non-OLED. VERY BAD.

So very simple YOU MAKE ME LOSE MONEY, BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS, never again.

20181125_162651.jpg

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the problem with the 3k? Setup? I bought one recently with the newer led controller and while the directions are slightly lacking i think it was easy to program and setup. Coralvue has some nice maintenance videos too.

I like the flow, I don’t maintenace compared to my ecotech...

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I have been running the exact one for almost a year, against all nano reefers advice on my 180 gallon. Starting with the fact that I have literally blown thousands of dollar on Tunze pumps, these are better. A single pump complementing the Tunzes surge has been amazing. Yes the instructions blow, but pretend you are ordering at a Chinese restaurant, translate that to what you think you need to do with the pump and push buttons. For the price these things are friggin diamonds...

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the problem with the 3k? Setup? I bought one recently with the newer led controller and while the directions are slightly lacking i think it was easy to program and setup. Coralvue has some nice maintenance videos too.

I like the flow, I don’t maintenace compared to my ecotech...
Dude, I have been running the exact one for almost a year, against all nano reefers advice on my 180 gallon. Starting with the fact that I have literally blown thousands of dollar on Tunze pumps, these are better. A single pump complementing the Tunzes surge has been amazing. Yes the instructions blow, but pretend you are ordering at a Chinese restaurant, translate that to what you think you need to do with the pump and push buttons. For the price these things are friggin diamonds...

Ok guys, my issues aren't reliability, quality of product, issues are, horrible customer service, no tech support, someone direct me to a good instruction video to program 3K OLED version. Let me know

MikeMartinez82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one and little issues setting it up, brstv did a video that gives a quick run down. The only issues I had was fine tuning it to keep blasting corals over. What are you trying to do with it or pattern should I say?

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to program. With the instructions that came with mine I was able to quickly create a 24 hour program with 4 types of “waves” at different intensities. If your didn’t come with instructions I’ll shoot you an email with pics of mine.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to program. With the instructions that came with mine I was able to quickly create a 24 hour program with 4 types of “waves” at different intensities. If your didn’t come with instructions I’ll shoot you an email with pics of mine.
So explain to me from ramp up to down, with programing

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shouldn't have to express my dissatisfaction of this product on here. If there was a ph# to speak
to tech support. For what we pay, there should be tech support. Like all quality products have.
Bummer
Just look up the 3k on YouTube. Coralvue has videos as well. It's really not that difficult with watching the video. I can't remember the last piece of equipment I bought with a phone number in the package to call.

Last edited:

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No number because it’s made in China. That’s why all the manuals suck too, it’s translated. That’s burns me as well, it would literally take ten minutes for an American to reprint those manuals with intelligible English instructions. Having said that, the pumps are pretty awesome given the price. What are they, half of what a Maxspect would set you back?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look up the 3k on YouTube. Coralvue has videos as well. It's really not that difficult with watching the video. I can't remember the last piece of equipment I bought with a phone number in the package to call.
I commented earlier, show me a video to program and understand main features for the OLED 3K.
I've looked and nothing.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would email coralvue, they might be able to provide a video. They did that for me a year ago with a link in their email. When I first saw the instructions I was like what??

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commented earlier, show me a video to program and understand main features for the OLED 3K.
I've looked and nothing.

i didnt see your request last night but to be clear is your the controller with a big screen on it or the one that is mostly blue plastic with icons at the top.

https://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-3k-gyre-pump-assembly-installation-operation/
link above is for the older controller
even more on that model
http://blog.coralvue.com/download/10754/

i will check out my newer controller manual after work today, take a breath :) its actual pretty easy after a few minutes of fumbling around

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt see your request last night but to be clear is your the controller with a big screen on it or the one that is mostly blue plastic with icons at the top.

even more on that model

i will check out my newer controller manual after work today, take a breath :) its actual pretty easy after a few minutes of fumbling around
Mine are the OLED, displays. No videos on it for understanding features and programming. Bummer

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

even more on that model

I can do all the obvious basic stuff. I like to be familiar with all features, programming with all technologies, ,especially if it makes me $$$$. Right now this is down time. That means loosing money. Not good.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't program, I don't know all features. To get the most of my product. Bummer

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh, didn’t think to look at the 1k page since it was updated to new controller first.

Jomama. Follow the link Dutch provided, it should be simple following those instructions. Better than the manual.

I have mine set to be
T1:constant 20% from 00:00-13:00
T2: 13:00-16:00 pulse up to 50%
T3: 16-22 random flow upto 70%
T4: 22-24 constant 20%.

I don’t use feed mode and I turn off the pump for maintenance with apex. It turns back on to the above program

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back