ICE CAP ALGAE SCRUBBER- help!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
12,495
Location
ARIZONA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the “Pro” versions of the Ice Cap medium algae scrubbers easily modified to not go in a sump? I know the “Pro” versions come with an attached pump that is placed into your sump. I wish to have the entire unit outside of the sump. Thanks in advance. :)
 
Are the “Pro” versions of the Ice Cap medium algae scrubbers easily modified to not go in a sump? I know the “Pro” versions come with an attached pump that is placed into your sump. I wish to have the entire unit outside of the sump. Thanks in advance. :)
Mine rests on top of sump on a piece of plexiglass making it external with a pump in the sump chamber
 
Mine rests on top of sump on a piece of plexiglass making it external with a pump in the sump chamber
That’s exactly what I want to do. But do I need to remove the attached pump in order to plumb it?
 
That’s exactly what I want to do. But do I need to remove the attached pump in order to plumb it?
I don’t know if you are aware but there are two types of ICAS. One is the Pro model with a pump attached. And the other is the non Pro model that just has a valve and nipple for a hose.
 
Last edited:
A picture showing the difference.
2E754062-72BF-4A2E-BD8B-1A46A8381B29.jpeg
 
Do y'all like this unit?
 
So about 6 weeks ago I was able to purchase the non pro version. This unit works great. Would definitely recommend it.
Awesome! I appreciate the reply! BRS doesn't have any reviews on it and I am planning out my upgrade so wanted to hear if anyone liked it or not
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new