Ice Cap and Apex A3

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m completely new to apex. First one that I have ever owned. I have an Apex Jr A3 and I have two ice cap gyres that I would like to use the apex to control. From my understanding there is a module that would allow the apex to control them. Anyone have any experience with this? What would I actually need to buy in order to get this to work?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m completely new to apex. First one that I have ever owned. I have an Apex Jr A3 and I have two ice cap gyres that I would like to use the apex to control. From my understanding there is a module that would allow the apex to control them. Anyone have any experience with this? What would I actually need to buy in order to get this to work?
What model gyres do you have and what controller do you have with them?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an A3 non pro Apex integration will be difficult. CoralVue used to make a gyre interface module for the Maxpect gyres but it has been discontinued.

The new Gyres come with the wave engine controller. With this controller, you can use the Apex to Hydros cable to send signals to your wave engine to trigger modes, but the modes need to be preprogrammed into the Hydros controller and you need a VDM port on the Apex. Since you have an A3 and not an A3 pro you would need to purchase a VDM in addition to the new pump controller and the link cable. That gets pretty expensive quickly but that is how you could do it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back