Ice Cap CO2 Scrubber

chrisjj625

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
370
Reaction score
186
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hooking up an ice cap co2 scrubber on my nano with an air pump/stone. Which side do I connect to what? The only directions included tell you to hook up the skimmer to the outside line, which pulls from the bottom of the canister. Thus, I was thinking to hook up the air pump to the inside line and air stone to the outside line. Can anyone confirm this is the correct way to hook this up for my application. Also, do I need to worry about creating a back siphon if the air pump is lower than the canister? Thank you in advance for any info you may provide.
 
So you would connect the pump to the in and the stone to the out to flow through the media properly. It never hurts to add a check valve to make sure a siphon doesn’t happen although that shouldn’t be an issue as water is not going to be flowing over the aquarium edge.
 
So you would connect the pump to the in and the stone to the out to flow through the media properly. It never hurts to add a check valve to make sure a siphon doesn’t happen although that shouldn’t be an issue as water is not going to be flowing over the aquarium edge.
Thank you for the reply! I guess the issue is I don't know what the out or in is. The skimmer would be pulling air, where I am pushing air. Hence the confusion. I added a check valve between the pump and scrubber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new