Icecap 2k set up

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely try removing it although by doing so i take away any safe guards for accidents to happen.

I just had a jebo gyre pump suck up a matted file fish in my other tank and unfortunately he was a gunner.

I'd like to avoid something similar in the seahorse tank if possible since the seahorse cost considerably more.
Yes but at very least remove it just to check if it’s the noise. Then if it is I’d recommend using something else as if it’s making noise I’m sure it’s being slowly damaged somehow.

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I hit the yellow bar and it saves changes but then gives me that error message.

How long does it usually take for coralvue hydros to respond?

I sent them a message about 5pm yesterday and no response yet.

their support isn't the greatest in responsiveness. In fact the support kinda sucks altogether. I ended up figuring out and fixing the issues I had myself since support was pretty much useless.

OP
OP
Rizzle30

Rizzle30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to have gotten quiet again.

Yes reef2reef has helped me with everything. The company never actually responded to me unfortunately.

OP
OP
Rizzle30

Rizzle30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to do some tank maintenance and unplugged my icecap 2k. Now I turned it back on and it seems to be working but the hydros controller has no lights on.

Has anyone encountered this issue and how did they fix it?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to do some tank maintenance and unplugged my icecap 2k. Now I turned it back on and it seems to be working but the hydros controller has no lights on.

Has anyone encountered this issue and how did they fix it?
Try to click upper left corner 3 lines then at bottom click options and check led mode and led on and off time. Maybe some how it got changed

Jcantrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'll have to look into how to set schedules.

Can you bring down the flow rate lower then 25% through schedules?
What I have discovered is that you can actually select the 1K pump via the output section instead of the 2K pump. There is s good chance that you will receive an error message initially but it will work eventually. This should, in theory, allow for a minimum flow rate of 250 gallons/hour. I can not guarantee that this will not lead to mechanical failure or void the warranty but I have been doing this with two 2K pumps on my lagoon 25 for approximately 4 months now with no ill effects.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back