Icecap 3K Placement

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon sps dominant reef and I have an Icecap 3k on each end. One pushing water across the top at a constant 50% and the other pushing water downwards on random pulse up to 50%. Any suggestions on a better placement for them? I have a constant film of algae on the upper half of the tank and the lower half is not nearly as bad. I can clean the glass tonight and by tomorrow night the algae will be back on the upper half glass. Should I switch out one of the icecaps? If so would a couple wav pumps work as a good replacement?

Any suggestions welcome.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is not a standard shaped and every tank is different. So not much advise without seeing a pic of your setup. The 3ks are nice because you can place vertically or horizontally and direct the flow where you want it. You will probably just have to play with the placement and settings until you find that sweet spot in your tank.

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is not a standard shaped and every tank is different. So not much advise without seeing a pic of your setup. The 3ks are nice because you can place vertically or horizontally and direct the flow where you want it. You will probably just have to play with the placement and settings until you find that sweet spot in your tank.
Mine is the normal 72x24x30.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back