Icecap 3k settings help

Emtkess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my 3k since January. I love the pump but really haven’t changed many settings. Kind of confused as to what’s best setup for my Red Sea reefer 350. It’s a mixed reef. It seems to beat my elegance on the sand bed but hardly make it across the tank. Frustrated. Help.

17B4094E-CC7C-4A37-88DE-5576311EB7DB.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you adjusted the outputs so the water isnt blowing directly down? The blade housings can be rotated to adjust the output flow of the pump

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You can turn the nozzles and turn the power down as well. Now depending on which control module you have mine is the newer version and kinda of a headache to change flow. So I run mine 100% on the back tank by the top and move my six other wave makers to change flow. FYI if you hear a whinnying sound or kind of a hum it’s the bushings need to be cleaned or replaced. Mine last awhile but I clean it monthly.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You can turn the nozzles and turn the power down as well. Now depending on which control module you have mine is the newer version and kinda of a headache to change flow. So I run mine 100% on the back tank by the top and move my six other wave makers to change flow. FYI if you hear a whinnying sound or kind of a hum it’s the bushings need to be cleaned or replaced. Mine last awhile but I clean it monthly.
What do you mean by clean vinegar soak or dismantle completely

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What I mean is simply fill your kitchen sink or whatever holds water with about a gallon of vinegar and hot water , hotter is better. Then take your gyre, take it literally apart (the ends come off, the impellers come out and pop the outer bushings out of it (they are in the parts that twist off). LEAVE the inner ones in, unless you have spares. DO not take apart the actual motor or aka base of the gyre. Just out the whole thing in and let it soak over night. At times change the water to make it hot again and add more vinegar. These units do not like being dirty so they will make this noise if there is anything on the impeller shaft or in the bushings. I have one and every time it makes that noise I clean it; and it goes away. Sometimes it will last 6 months or longer other time it lasted a week, then a month, and then it didn’t happen for a long time. It’s much easier to routinely clean it with other wavemakers (.something I always put off but I still end up doing it).

Back