OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wanted to share some improvements that were recently made to the scrubbers:

Please contact us at [email protected] if you were an early adopter and are having trouble with your scrubber because we would love the opportunity to help you out.
Thank you ! I definitely am. This has made my day. Great improvements and customer support.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jeff, just reached out to CV. The orings I added fixed the leaking but those little spray holes are a nightmare. If I can get the slotted pipe it will be a whole different experience.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jeff, just reached out to CV. The orings I added fixed the leaking but those little spray holes are a nightmare. If I can get the slotted pipe it will be a whole different experience.

I'm sure you'll hear back favorably. Treating people right is how we earn and keep customers. :)

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those that received the updated pipe do you have any issues getting flow through it?

I just hooked mine up, thought about swapping screens but ended up not doing it. There seems to be a huge back pressure on my pump and not much water getting on the screen. You can hear the water squeezing out through the slot in the pipe. Its not loud just seems like it's struggling.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To those that received the updated pipe do you have any issues getting flow through it?

I just hooked mine up, thought about swapping screens but ended up not doing it. There seems to be a huge back pressure on my pump and not much water getting on the screen. You can hear the water squeezing out through the slot in the pipe. Its not loud just seems like it's struggling.
Mine seems fine. And no leaks. I seeded the new screen with some zipped tied hair algae. So i lowered the flow. But water is still jetting down the screen. I really like the updates they made.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seems fine. And no leaks. I seeded the new screen with some zipped tied hair algae. So i lowered the flow. But water is still jetting down the screen. I really like the updates they made.
What pump are you using? I'm using an MJ1200 and I don't think it has the flow to power the scrubber with the slotted tube

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What pump are you using? I'm using an MJ1200 and I don't think it has the flow to power the scrubber with the slotted tube
You definitely need a bigger pump. I’m using a Jebao DCT-6000. The first Jebao I’ve owned... so far so good. I even bought a back up there so cheap. I keep a back up pump for every pump I use.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely need a bigger pump. I’m using a Jebao DCT-6000. The first Jebao I’ve owned... so far so good. I even bought a back up there so cheap. I keep a back up pump for every pump I use.

I have a spare DCP-8500 I keep as a backup for my return, I'll have to find a 3/4 to half inch Barb fitting and set it up.

My Jebao return turns 2 in April lol, it's been an awesome pump

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a spare DCP-8500 I keep as a backup for my return, I'll have to find a 3/4 to half inch Barb fitting and set it up.

My Jebao return turns 2 in April lol, it's been an awesome pump
Good to hear. Although a 8500 might have to much flow...lol.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. Although a 8500 might have to much flow...lol.
You were right about that lol. At first it was the same flow which was weird then I shook the screen and the floodgates opened. I think the slot was just blocked by the screen, even at the lowest setting it was a pretty massive flow. I swapped out a Sicce syncra 2.0 and it seems like a nice amount of flow across the screen.

The new pipe is way more even than the old spray bar and hopefully the guard on the top will stop the growth from blocking the pipe like what happened with the old one.

Bravo CoralVue!

Reef Life!!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to chime in on this thread for a min I to have the small ATS and were having some of the same issues as everyone else. I contacted coralvue and within a few hours they had me fixed up and on the way with updated parts. So I want to give a big shout out to them and there customer service. A+

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just want to chime in on this thread for a min I to have the small ATS and were having some of the same issues as everyone else. I contacted coralvue and within a few hours they had me fixed up and on the way with updated parts. So I want to give a big shout out to them and there customer service. A+
Agreed! They definitely stand behind their products.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updating... I modified my updated pipe because I wasn't getting flow through the middle of the pipe. From coralvue the screen just barely fit into the pipe and the horizontal lines on the screen actually would block the flow so I would have to tug on the screen to get proper flow. So I took my diamond wheel and jammed it into the slot and turned it on.

Flowing much better and I'm getting full water coverage on the screen, not just on the sides.

Also the first real cleaning is attached, hopefully it will get better with better coverage

20200225_164205.jpg 20200225_164515.jpg 20200225_165508.jpg 20200225_165711.jpg

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good idea. My flow has slowed in the center a couple times and I just move the screen around a little. And it’s full blast again. I’ll take it apart and clean it soon.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 87 71.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%

Back