Icecap Gyre 2k Pump Locked

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set my pump to 100% to clean, I'm getting this error. The pump would pump for a bit, then stops. This started happening 5 minutes ago. I've already submitted a support ticket with Coralvue. Should I be concerned?

Cc @Jeff@CoralVue
Screenshot_20200503-181453.jpg

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I set my pump to 100% to clean, I'm getting this error. The pump would pump for a bit, then stops. This started happening 5 minutes ago. I've already submitted a support ticket with Coralvue. Should I be concerned?

Cc @Jeff@CoralVue

I am not familiar with this error message. Bear in mind that I am not a member of our support staff, so I've not seen it because it's never happened with my own 2K Gyres. I know they'll recognize the error and can advise you accordingly. We're closed weekends, so if you haven't heard back yet I am sure you will today.

"Should I be concerned?" Well... I would be. Have you checked to see if there is any debris in the pump you can clear out? I wouldn't run it on 100% if it keeps spitting out that error.

Rest assured that our support staff is a lot more technically savvy than I am. They will be able to diagnose the problem for you. If it can't be fixed, we'll replace it. We got your back!

Marlin Spikes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your pump apart and make sure everything is clean and rotating freely, you might get lucky and this will fix the problem. However, sounds more like you'll need to turn it in for some warranty work. It's more likely there is an internal issue with the pump motor causing the excess current.

slowleak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cc @Jeff@CoralVue

Did you ever get a resolution?

I am getting the same error on a brand new pump.

1610927814258.png

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The silicone bushings were the problem for mine. make sure they are seated all the way in.

slowleak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help guys!
I ended up contacting CoralVue...who were super fast to respond.

Said it was due to the fact I had the “allow reverse” selected...? They were right it worked once I unselected it.

Does this sound right? My other pump was running fine with it selected and now the pump in question does not go in reverse...?

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 2k pumps right now. They've been nothing but a headache. I've had so many issue trying to play around with settings to get them to work just the way I want them to and I always have to end up factory resetting them cause of error messages and sometimes the pump just flat out won't work anymore. I'm scared to mess them now. Sorry for the rant. I'm just so disappointed with them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back