IceCap Internal Algae Scrubber Pro dimensions

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get clarification on the dimensions of IceCap's internal algae scrubber.

Can anyone confirm:
1. Are the dimensions for just the body of the scrubber or does it also include the pump/plumbing? I recall seeing a review that stated one of the models didn't factore in the plumbing.

2. Does the height measurement include the adjustable legs fully extended or at the lowest setting?

Dimensions:
IceCap AGS-100 PRO (Small) - 10.8"L x 6.15"W x 17"H
IceCap AGS-200 PRO (Medium) - 12.5"L x 6.15"W x 21"H
IceCap AGS-400 PRO (Large) - 16.5"L x 6.15"W x 21"H

OP
OP
Y

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating based on responses and experiences.

CoralVue confirmed the LxW measurements included the pump and plumbing, didn't confirm the height.
BRS confirmed LxW measurements included pump and plumbing and that the height included the legs fully extended.

Ordered one and the height measurements do not include the legs fully extended, which increase the height up to approximately 5-6".

The lights do not appear to be waterproof so you will have to set the scrubber high enough, and/or the sump water level low enough, to allow for any back filling when the tank's return pump is off.

If anyone else researching these scrubbers stumbles on this in the future, keep in mind the vertical space within your stand. If you want to run a reasonable water level in your sump you will likely have to max out the height of the adjustable legs. This means you will need approximately 36" of vertical space, give or take about 4", to fit any of these scrubbers. The small model has a 17" height, plus 6" for the legs, plus ~10" to pull the screen out without having to manipulate anything, or a total of ~32". The medium and large add 4" to the body, plus ~3" to the screen length.

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time for this update. Looking at this model and your details were VERY helpful!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back