Ich? And head and lateral line erosion

aiden.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a china wrasse that was treated with prazipro and noticed white spots on some other fish sail fin tang and the china wrasse and blue throat fairy wrasse and my clown fish is hazy white on the top

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a china wrasse that was treated with prazipro and noticed white spots on some other fish sail fin tang and the china wrasse and blue throat fairy wrasse and my clown fish is hazy white on the top
Need a pic and need to know more if they have some odd behavior. Swimming funny? Stay at the top of water? Scratching? Twitching their heads? Staying in front of the power head more than usual?

OP
OP
A

aiden.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
A

aiden.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a pic and need to know more if they have some odd behavior. Swimming funny? Stay at the top of water? Scratching? Twitching their heads? Staying in front of the power head more than usual?
My royal gramma is doing all so what’s the best medication for ich

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon

i have nox ich I just don’t know if I need to remove active carbon
image.jpg
Your tank is too small for your fish, especially the sailfin. Best to rehome him asap.

take the carbon out as that is one of the reasons for the head erosion prob

I have never heard of the med. not sure if it’s any good or can be used with bio media. Suggest to get copper power or safe.

OP
OP
A

aiden.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is too small for your fish, especially the sailfin. Best to rehome him asap.

take the carbon out as that is one of the reasons for the head erosion prob

I have never heard of the med. not sure if it’s any good or can be used with bio media. Suggest to get copper power or safe.
I plan on treating the ich and the head and relocating the tang

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on treating the ich and the head and relocating the tang
I read up on the nox ich a little. The bottle says to use it in a clean tank or something like that. That means QT in most cases so it’s either saying it won’t work in in a tank with a working bio filtration or it will damage bio filtration. Malachite green is an active ingredient…, I am not sure if that’s an antibiotics but it’s primary used to treat fungal so I believe it is. If that’s the case, then using it in ur tank directly won’t be useful as ur tank has a working biofilter.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beware of the Imagitarium parasite remedy from Petco. They say safe for fresh and salt water fish and plants, all natural. Not a medication, just something to help it heal I guess. I used it on my 75 gallon fresh water tank because one of my fish looked like it had ich after being beat up by his mate "breeding pair of Severums".

Well I used it and it killed most of my prized plecos and some other fish. I contacted Petco and got no response. I just want to tell everybody I can to avoid using this stuff. Someone asked Petco on the Q&A page if it is safe for plecos and Petco says perfectly safe. I don't trust Petco at all anymore, they just lost a customer and more if I can spread the word.
Edit; This concoction is made by Petco.

OP
OP
A

aiden.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beware of the Imagitarium parasite remedy from Petco. They say safe for fresh and salt water fish and plants, all natural. Not a medication, just something to help it heal I guess. I used it on my 75 gallon fresh water tank because one of my fish looked like it had ich after being beat up by his mate "breeding pair of Severums".

Well I used it and it killed most of my prized plecos and some other fish. I contacted Petco and got no response. I just want to tell everybody I can to avoid using this stuff. Someone asked Petco on the Q&A page if it is safe for plecos and Petco says perfectly safe. I don't trust Petco at all anymore, they just lost a customer and more if I can spread the word.
Edit; This concoction is made by Petco.
I read up on the nox ich a little. The bottle says to use it in a clean tank or something like that. That means QT in most cases so it’s either saying it won’t work in in a tank with a working bio filtration or it will damage bio filtration. Malachite green is an active ingredient…, I am not sure if that’s an antibiotics but it’s primary used to treat fungal so I believe it is. If that’s the case, then using it in ur tank directly won’t be useful as ur tank has a working biofilter.
Quick question will the pods in my tank be breeding enough to sustain the china wrasses life and what’s the best food to feed it

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used ICH-X by Hakari, it didn't harm my bio-filter on my fresh tank. I don't know if it will harm salt bio-filter. Clean tank? As guess it could mean a QT or hospital tank, I medicated my whole fresh water tank, you don't want to do that on a reef tank though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back