Ich anxiety

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Is ich actually this complex when it comes to going fallow in display tank? I have had all my fish quarantined in copper for 4 weeks now and I was planning on doing the 6 week 80.6 degree fallow period. But there are so many caveats to the fallow period it seems near impossible to actually complete it successfully. To start how do I even know if there is a dead spot in my tank where the ich will go dormant. I have used my power head to stir the water up once in the past 4 weeks… what about the sand bend how do I possibly guarantee there’s no ich left in there. And now I’m worried that my fingers were still wet from the display tank when I put nori on my tangs clip. Is he gonna be sick now do I need to run him through more copper again he just got out a couple days ago. I feel lost. I already spend my entire evening mixing water and other fish maintenance. I dont know how I could possible even find time to do any extra steps while also having to work. I dont want to give up my tank but I cannot put the fish back in and run the risk of them getting ich and having to start the whole process over again. I already tried mitigation and all that happened with that is I just watch my fish slowly decay infront of my eyes. I can just sit by and watch my fish die. Ich feels like an unescapable trap that my tank and money will be doomed to.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, the key to managing ich, is eliminating aggression. You have to have the correct quantity and species in the correct environment to keep ich from expressing itself.

Stress lowers immune system, which invites disease.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back