Ich on dwarf angelfish?

reefkyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’m not sure if this is ich or not! Someone please help. You can not really see it but it is only on his back fin so I’m guessing maybe fungal?

image.jpg

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich/velvet are most visible on the fins of fish. I can't really see anything. If your lights let you could you take a picture with white lights on? It will make it a lot more clear

OP
OP
R

reefkyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich/velvet are most visible on the fins of fish. I can't really see anything. If your lights let you could you take a picture with white lights on? It will make it a lot more clear
It’s ich or velvet. I did more research on it and it looks similar. It got on my valentini puffer. How would I go about saving them. I have no quarantine tank sadly. I give all my fish a fw bath and it’s worked until now. And I have two Kenya trees and I don’t know how to treat. Any ideas?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating with copper is the best way. 10 gallon tanks with a filter and heater will run you about 40-60 dollars at Petco. You're going to want to leave your dt fallow for 76 days.

Otherwise you can remove all your sand, rock, and coral and put it in a five gallon bucket and treat your dt with copper that way and once the treatment is done (I do a 4 week treatment of copper) you can add your sand, rock, and coral back after 76 days

OP
OP
R

reefkyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I’m a little new to reef tanks. Couldnt I just put coral in a different tank then treat my tank with copper? I have a nano reef I could just put my corals in there. There’s no fish in it

Back