Ich/velvet or I don’t know on Lactoria cornuta

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have huge problem with my fish. I think it is velvet but I need confirmation because whole situation look strange. I never had any problem with fish (this set of fish I have from 1 year, nothing new from this time) and from one week I seen little cloudy eyes on my Lactoria cornuta. But I was not scared because 2 years ago my fox fish had similar problem and after few days was ok. Now situation is different because fish is looking horrible like on the photo. What type of treatment should I use?

Now fish is in QT
Salinity little decrased step by step from 1.026 to 1.024
Temp rised to 27 celsious

other fishes have or nothing or few points looking like ich starting

thank for help

C4D3DA5A-3712-4472-B051-5A55FD00CA1F.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,

I have huge problem with my fish. I think it is velvet but I need confirmation because whole situation look strange. I never had any problem with fish (this set of fish I have from 1 year, nothing new from this time) and from one week I seen little cloudy eyes on my Lactoria cornuta. But I was not scared because 2 years ago my fox fish had similar problem and after few days was ok. Now situation is different because fish is looking horrible like on the photo. What type of treatment should I use?

Now fish is in QT
Salinity little decrased step by step from 1.026 to 1.024
Temp rised to 27 celsious

other fishes have or nothing or few points looking like ich starting

thank for help

C4D3DA5A-3712-4472-B051-5A55FD00CA1F.jpeg
Pic is extremely dark in blue lighting but these guys are prone to ich
They don’t do well in copper but something milder like ruby rally pro or general cure should work

OP
OP
G

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic is extremely dark in blue lighting but these guys are prone to ich
They don’t do well in copper but something milder like ruby rally pro or general cure should work
I have to change Light and try make another photo. I know that fish was wery unhappy about labroides dimidiatus when try remove somethig from her and maybe ill came from too much stress. But last one day was swimming on the front of wave maker so I thought that it is velvet.
If it is not velvet I wants try hyposalinity. In my country is not possible to buy ruby rally pro and I Think there is no time to wait for parcel.

OP
OP
G

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at home now only Preis Coly but I think that it not help. In main tank I have tennetti very fast breathing but wihout points on body I dont know what is going.
5317492C-A966-419C-9C97-6A2CEFC664BB.jpeg
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have at home now only Preis Coly but I think that it not help. In main tank I have tennetti very fast breathing but wihout points on body I dont know what is going.
5317492C-A966-419C-9C97-6A2CEFC664BB.jpeg
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
This appears to be velvet. Do I see it’s eyebhazed over?
Safe treatment for this fish will be ruby rally pro

OP
OP
G

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it starts from eyes. Can I use another product possible to buy in europe? Ruby rally pro delivery time from US to me is 2weeks. I think it came after faight :(

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.25ml 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to
1 cup of water for a 30 min dip and into QT.

However I have no idea how this particular fish handles peroxide. It looks very I’ll and not sure it will even survive dips.

This is what I would try and then into quarantine tank with freshly made water (not from DT).

Just trying to knock parasites off to buy you time. Freshwater dip will do the same. Just not sure this fish will survive freshwater.

The main ingredient in ruby rally is formalin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.25ml 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to
1 cup of water for a 30 min dip and into QT.

However I have no idea how this particular fish handles peroxide. It looks very I’ll and it sure it will even survive dips.

This is what I would try and then into quarantine tank with freshly made water (not from DT).

Just trying to knock parasites off to buy you time. Freshwater dip will do the same. Just. It sure this fish will survive freshwater.

The main ingredient in ruby rally is formalin.
Thank you for help, water with hydrogen peroxide should be fresh or with salt? If marine water what salinity should be?

OP
OP
G

gawron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish survives but probably I have to make it one more time because I made it with aeration. Now I am reading is cannot be like this. Water should be aerated 1 hour before

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back