Ich/Velvet Quarantine best options question

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd try it but I just don't know if have space or the ability to catch all these fish. 2 tangs (one's ~ 3", other is prob 4") Trigger (~5"), foxface (3"), diamond goby (~3"), leopard wrasse, few chromis, few firefish, longnose hawk, midas blenny (in sump), valentini puffer, bangai cardinal.

I have a 40b I'm picking up tomorrow and some equipment coming from amazon.
Please just be aware that the clock is ticking, and a point will be reached where the fish will be too far gone to treat them effectively. The point that this happens can sneak up on you - ich replicates in geometric fashion - when it hits a certain number, the population explodes and the fish suddenly become very sick.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd try it but I just don't know if have space or the ability to catch all these fish. 2 tangs (one's ~ 3", other is prob 4") Trigger (~5"), foxface (3"), diamond goby (~3"), leopard wrasse, few chromis, few firefish, longnose hawk, midas blenny (in sump), valentini puffer, bangai cardinal.

I have a 40b I'm picking up tomorrow and some equipment coming from amazon.
Please just be aware that the clock is ticking, and a point will be reached where the fish will be too far gone to treat them effectively. The point that this happens can sneak up on you - ich replicates in geometric fashion - when it hits a certain number, the population explodes and the fish suddenly become very sick.
Jay

OP
OP
T

Thisisfine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
I'm with you; just can't move any faster until tomorrow when backup tank, stand, heater, ato, wavemaker etc. get here. Once that's here I've got DI water going now, will start up backup tank and transition the inverts, coral, lights and start on the hypo once all are transferred. I'll remove some of the DT water to the backup to expedite the process and begin the progression to 1.009 at the same time.

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one…will be upgrading to a 720 in a year or so.

Curious to see how quickly this sucker grows.

Majority of my trigs I’ve gotten at 1 inch like this guy.

IMG_9040.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back