ICH/ Velvet question

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is the only other med that will cure both. Paraguard is basically useless IME for velvet or ich. It could be helpful in an "ick management" situation or for other diseases, but not for ick or velvet.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is the only other med that will cure both. Paraguard is basically useless IME for velvet or ich. It could be helpful in an "ick management" situation or for other diseases, but not for ick or velvet.

What about quick cure for ICH and Rally for Velvet? I dont like treating my fish with copper anymore and can't seem to get a hold of CP.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify I've never used Paraguard, was just going on what it said on their website.

Thanks for the feedback Melypr!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about quick cure for ICH and Rally for Velvet? I dont like treating my fish with copper anymore and can't seem to get a hold of CP.

No, those wont cure it. Though they can be handy as a dip before treating for velvet. Rally is only useful because it contains acryflavin which is an antiseptic and can help ward off infection from the invasion of velvet. Quick cure, is a poor substitute because it has formalin in it which is very harsh on the fish.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really hard to get it from a vet...There are two people on eBay that sell it as of now. It kinda cheap. For what it worth it does work. I do believe it takes more than the prescribed version.

it certainly can work Joey. There's no question there.. the question is about the source and purity of the CP you're getting from the sources on ebay since we know they get it from China. Since we arn't capable of knowing the purity, knowing whether we are dosing the correct amount of CP in the QT is very hard. There's no test for it, so we can't just test the water and find out. There's no flame here, just a simple attempt to help others learn. I hope this helps :)

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it certainly can work Joey. There's no question there.. the question is about the source and purity of the CP you're getting from the sources on ebay since we know they get it from China. Since we arn't capable of knowing the purity, knowing whether we are dosing the correct amount of CP in the QT is very hard. There's no test for it, so we can't just test the water and find out. There's no flame here, just a simple attempt to help others learn. I hope this helps :)
Agreed, that's why I take it slow. It is a gamble, but I have had good results. The only thing I have to compare it to was some that was given to me from a prescription. Based on that, I aleady have a idea of what it should do. I know I'll get flamed, maybe, but the best qt tank I have is where I'm using copper and cp.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'll get flamed, maybe, but the best qt tank I have is where I'm using copper and cp.
You'll never be flamed here. You might sometimes get corrected, or advised or even warned of a potential problem.... but I sincerely hope you never feel like you are getting flamed. If you do, please report the post to the mods so we can be aware of the situation and handle it.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll never be flamed here. You might sometimes get corrected, or advised or even warned of a potential problem.... but I sincerely hope you never feel like you are getting flamed. If you do, please report the post to the mods so we can be aware of the situation and handle it.

^^ Agreed; I mean if we tolerate @Paul B's crazy ideas we can put up with anybody. Love ya Paul! :D

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back