Ich

Nataliia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Я вже місяць з цим борюся.
Мої рибки в карантинному акваріумі вже одужали. Але я не можу перенести їх у свій великий рифовий акваріум, тому що їх занадто багато, вони розмножуються і вже осідають на склі.
Що можна зробити, щоб убити їх у рифовому акваріумі, не завдаючи шкоди коралам? Я сподівався, що вони загинуть без риби, але вони не зникають, їх стає все більше.
Я також дізнався, що ich не можна побачити ніде, крім риби, що це може бути на моєму акваріумі? ці білі точки, які осідають на склі, рухаються

IMG_20240331_110248.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The dots on your glass are probably copepods - good food for the fish, and they help keep the aquarium clean.

For concerns about ich, treat the fish with either copper or hyposalinity (see the quote below) and run the tank the infected fish were in before you quarantined them fallow (i.e. without fish) for a minimum of 45 days at 81F; 60-76 days is safer, particularly at lower temperatures. This allows time for the parasite (ich) to die off, so the fish won't be reinfected when you add them back to their tank.
if you want to treat ich effectively, you need either copper medication (chelated copper like Coppersafe or Copper Power at 2.25-2.5ppm for 30 days after the last ich trophonts disappear is recommended) or hyposalinity (drop your salinity to 1.009 and keep the tank at that salinity for 30 days after the last signs/symptoms of the disease disappear), neither of which are reef-safe. There is no effective, reef-safe treatment for ich at the moment (at least not one that I've heard of).

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 92 45.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 19 9.4%
Back