Ich?

thonis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from a weekend away last night, (roommate watched tank) and my blue eye kole has white spots. i have dealt with ich before however this time after i gave him Nori all night and today to feed on, spots are going away... roommate fed mysis and no nori for 4 days so im thinking it could have been a stress response? tank is relatively new with dry rock so the nori is his only source of algae. Anyone have any thoughts? should i remove everyone ? Thank you.

Wannabereefvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from a weekend away last night, (roommate watched tank) and my blue eye kole has white spots. i have dealt with ich before however this time after i gave him Nori all night and today to feed on, spots are going away... roommate fed mysis and no nori for 4 days so im thinking it could have been a stress response? tank is relatively new with dry rock so the nori is his only source of algae. Anyone have any thoughts? should i remove everyone ? Thank you.
Need pics to make sure it’s ich, but I’d just get a UV sterilizer for the tank and not overreact. As long as it doesn’t become persistent on the fish you don’t have to go crazy. The UV will kill the adult stage parasites. It won’t do anything about the hundreds or thousands more in your sand bed, but as long as the fish’s immune system and slime coat is strong enough to keep them at bay, eventually you won’t have that problem in the tank.

Just watch out introducing new fish. New weakened/stressed fish can lead to an outbreak on all the fish in your tank and at that point it’s a question of “who’s going to survive” while you do your best to treat everyone. Not ideal.

OP
OP
thonis

thonis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need pics to make sure it’s ich, but I’d just get a UV sterilizer for the tank and not overreact. As long as it doesn’t become persistent on the fish you don’t have to go crazy. The UV will kill the adult stage parasites. It won’t do anything about the hundreds or thousands more in your sand bed, but as long as the fish’s immune system and slime coat is strong enough to keep them at bay, eventually you won’t have that problem in the tank.

Just watch out introducing new fish. New weakened/stressed fish can lead to an outbreak on all the fish in your tank and at that point it’s a question of “who’s going to survive” while you do your best to treat everyone. Not ideal.
Thanks for the quick reply, mostly looking out for my anthias as they are more sensitive

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back