Ick and Copepods

1stborn4coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so a little bit of a negative situation, I have Ick. Not a huge deal currently, I only lost one Tang and I was able to catch it and treat the tank before loosing anyone else and hopefully it stays that way. The issue I have is before I knew I had Ick, I had ordered Copepods from Algae Barn. Question is will me treating for the Ick kill the Copepods or should they be ok? I cant really just keep them around and not put them in the tank as I don't think their shelf life would be long enough as the Ick treatment is 2 weeks long. Any ever run into this issue before and what did you do?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the "in tank treatment" youre using?
Normally you should be pulling the fish out into QT unless youre practicing ich management.

OP
OP
1stborn4coral

1stborn4coral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the "in tank treatment" youre using?
Normally you should be pulling the fish out into QT unless youre practicing ich management.
Rally Pro Fish Treatment.. You can keep your fish in the tank with it and it doesn't harm coral either. More expensive but works.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rally Pro Fish Treatment.. You can keep your fish in the tank with it and it doesn't harm coral either. More expensive but works.
Rally is a good bath but ive yet to see more people besides 3 or 4 people around here say it works as an in tank treatment.
So its not too convincing or proven to me.

If youre using it, follow manufactuers rec.
They say its safe for corals and inverts, should be safe for pods too.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rally is a good bath but ive yet to see more people besides 3 or 4 people around here say it works as an in tank treatment.
So its not too convincing or proven to me.

If youre using it, follow manufactuers rec.
They say its safe for corals and inverts, should be safe for pods too.

This is a great rule of thumb (safe for corals + inverts), usually safe for pods.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have we shipped your order already? If not, we can hold it, but we need to know ASAP.

With regards to your question, what chemical/procedure are you planning on treating with? What else do you have in the tank?

Back