Ick or lymphocystis!?!

Thomas Wieczorek

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2019
Messages
107
Reaction score
57
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CCB fairly new, I purchased him for some aptaisa control. I noticed a white spot on his tail fin. I'm really hoping it's not ick! I have tangs and none of them have any white spot so that's what makes me believe this is possibly lymphocystis. I have a purple tang. Naso tang. Mimic tang. NO white spots. It's just this one spot on the CCB. What do you guys think??

20200201_122315.jpg 20200201_122242.jpg 20200201_122102.jpg 20200201_122101.jpg
 
Very typical lympho. I fave a fish in QT on exact same spot. Lol. Just keep watching just In Case but would expect Lymphocystis until other symptoms arise. Good luck
 
Should I be worried about this spreading to other fish? I looked up possible treatments and they say just keep the water good and give vitamins. Something I already do.
 
Not ick its lympho my cooperband had it on its first week in the tank I would recommend herbtana and keeping your lights very intense also keep doing the things that your doing it should be better in 2-4 days
 
UPDATE** so I went and purchased the beta glucan b - 1,3 I mixed 1 of the capsules contents into my fish frenzy frozen food and the lympho has decreased in size Exponentially!!! Thank you so much for the information on this thread and anyone else I would highly recommend getting beta b-1,3 for your fish.
20200210_213054.jpg
20200210_213007.jpg
20200210_212943.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new