Ick?

Iyanla220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a powder blue and an emperor angel fish who both have ich. To get rid of it I tried to raise the temperature of my tank which stressed my majestic angel. That’s when I first noticed the faded white spots. I went to the fish store and was suggested to throw copper in my tank. I did that and 3 hours later my majestic looks like this. Any tips for my tank?

C8576A55-C9BF-4725-9394-27864D502E32.jpeg D5976E51-0A03-43C9-A100-12BC22652D21.jpeg

Last edited:

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich isn't really that bad but if you added copper to your tank from the advice of your lfs find another one. All your rock and anything else porous absorbed the copper and will leach it back into your water for a long time. The rock is now contaminated with copper, if you don't have corals now don't add any to that tank or any other tank in the future that has that rock in it. Having prestine water and feeding your fish really good with quality food will in most cases eliminate the ich from those fish and there immune system will keep them from getting it again.

OP
OP
I

Iyanla220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich isn't really that bad but if you added copper to your tank from the advice of your lfs find another one. All your rock and anything else porous absorbed the copper and will leach it back into your water for a long time. The rock is now contaminated with copper, if you don't have corals now don't add any to that tank or any other tank in the future that has that rock in it. Having prestine water and feeding your fish really good with quality food will in most cases eliminate the ich from those fish and there immune system will keep them from getting it again.
Thank you! Do you recognize the marks on my majestic angel?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't see any clear ich. As long as its eating feed it as much as possible. If it stops eating then I would begin to worry. Prestine water is key in fish recovering on there own.

Back