ICP accuracy of same exact water sample

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamie814
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamie814

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2021
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
820
Location
IOWA
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had 2 ICP tests ran of the exact same water sample. Took a cup of water out of the tank and filled all test vials from it. Sent both tests in and this was what I got back.
How accurate are these tests supposed to be?

These are side by side test results of the exact same water sample,
ICP.jpg

icp2.jpg

ICP3.jpg
 
It would all depend on what the margin of errors exist for each test, but I don't see anything at just a cursory check that is that different.
 
I’m also not seeing any difference worth asking about. They seem closer than I would have expected. lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new