ICP Alarming Analysis

Surferboy1500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I received my second ICP analysis and all the metals are extremely high (even many of the elements not highlighted below were way higher than recommended) whereas they were in normal range in March. Any ideas here?

I can't find any equipment rusting or anything obvious like that. I used zeovit but I haven't been dosing anything but zeostart/zeobak. I use zeovit's carbon in a bag. I don't use any other reactors like GFO or anything else. Been having issues with corals unhealthy and dying even though CA/MG/Alk all stable/normal ranges (use Trident). Salinity/temp/pH also stable.

1626969334724.png

Attachments

• Test951457319_Results.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 56

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've rarely seen anything more idiotic than to put the reference values in different units than the measured values. Unbelievable. 1 ppb = 0.001 ppm

Some of the yellow metals are actually low, not high, and I don't see any substantial issue. :)

OP
OP
S

Surferboy1500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response. Honestly I’m at a loss for what’s going wrong in this tank. Never had as many corals die in my 10 year experience as this tank and I have more high tech gadgets to track potential issues that aren’t showing anything.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response. Honestly I’m at a loss for what’s going wrong in this tank. Never had as many corals die in my 10 year experience as this tank and I have more high tech gadgets to track potential issues that aren’t showing anything.

What is in your tank? When did it begin to have problems?

Wondering given your experience if perhaps one of your corals has gotten larger (toadstool leather?) and perhaps doing chemical warfare that it didn't to same extent when it was smaller... Not sure how you/we'd test for this, but did recently rehome our toadstool leather and our tank is already showing improvements just 5 days later (had been running charcoal off/on up until rehome, just in case)

OP
OP
S

Surferboy1500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is in your tank? When did it begin to have problems?

Wondering given your experience if perhaps one of your corals has gotten larger (toadstool leather?) and perhaps doing chemical warfare that it didn't to same extent when it was smaller... Not sure how you/we'd test for this, but did recently rehome our toadstool leather and our tank is already showing improvements just 5 days later (had been running charcoal off/on up until rehome, just in case)
Hmmm...I do have an 6-7" toadstool leather in the tank so not super huge (180G). I'm open to dropping it in my biocube to see if it improves.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...I do have an 6-7" toadstool leather in the tank so not super huge (180G). I'm open to dropping it in my biocube to see if it improves.
My toadstool leather was just 4"-5" when began causing us "unexplained" problems :(

Also 180g here

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back